Working in the built environment,
CHI—SQUARED is Chi-Chi Lin.,brings ideas to life.,works in real estate development.,is an architect.,is dedicated to sustainable design.,loves cities.
CHI—SQUARED is Chi-Chi Lin and she brings ideas to life.
Creating smarter, more livable, and more sustainable cities requires action. Chi-Chi is currently an Architectural Designer (Part-Time Co-Op) at CBT in Boston, MA. Most recently, she was a Development Associate at Mack Real Estate Group, a vertically integrated real estate investor, developer, and operator headquartered in New York City.
Chi-Chi has led three projects from concept to construction, two of which are international award-winning projects. The projects have been recognized by Architizer A+ Award (video), Engineering News Record (ENR) Global Best Projects Award, Indian Architect & Builder Young Architect Award. Previously, she worked in business development and design at Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) in New York, where she was tapped by Bjarke Ingels to be a designer on BIG's best-selling monograph (article about the book) and solo exhibition Hot to Cold (article about the exhibition) and served as Project Leader of The BIG Maze at the National Building Museum in Washington DC, receiving over 50,000 visitors in three months.
In branding/identity design, Chi-Chi works independently; she was a graphic design intern at Rocchi Pavese Design in Rome, Italy. She has worked with New Enterprise Associates (NEA), the US Green Building Council, Government of the Lazio Regione, Galleria Navona, amongst others.
Chi-Chi is a MDes Real Estate & the Built Environment candidate at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design. She received her Bachelor of Architecture professional degree and minor in East Asian Studies from Cornell University. Chi-Chi is an accredited LEED Green Associate and a registered architect of New York candidate.
In her spare time, she likes to travel, learn languages, push divs and pixels around, and run (or walk).
- 2/19 - Served as volunteer for HarvardxDesign 2017 Conference "ShiftxDesign"
- 2/1 - Registered with interdisciplinary team of 9 students to compete in the Affordable Housing Development Competition
- 8/23 - Invited to attend Cornell University Sustainable Design alumni board meeting to offer advice on current projects, upcoming pipeline and expansion
- 4/18 - For third consecutive year, delivered guest lecture "What's Business Development?" for Professor Magre's 'Professional Practice' class for Bachelor of Architecture students at Cornell University.
- 4/9-4/10 - Real Estate Weekend @ Harvard: As Co-Chair, hosted 450+ attendees at real estate conference and venture competition held at the Harvard Business School. Attendees hailed from Boston, New York, and international countries such as Canada, China, the UK, and Australia. Keynote speakers included economist Ed Glaeser (writer of Triumph of the City) and Dan Gilbert, Founder and Chairman of Quicken Loans.
- 2/20 - Harvard×Design Conference: I introduced speaker, Albert Lee of New Enterprise Associates (NEA).
- 2/14 - Launched new brand and website for Harvard Real Estate & Development Club
- 1/25 - submitted our team's proposal for the ULI Hines Case Competition for a new transit-oriented development in Atlanta, GA (shout out to the most wonderful team: Bennett, Greg, Justin, and Sohael)
- 1/25 - began spring semester, taking courses such as: Advanced Real Estate Finance, Building and Leading Real Estate Enterprises and Entrepreneurship, Real Estate Ventures (Legal Perspectives), and Urbanization and International Development